Tuesday, 6 November 2012


GOODBYE CANADA!!
Well its been a considerable time since we last posted on here . We've had quite a year. Glen was diagnosed with MS last September which was devastating to us . However he has not had any more attacks since December 2011 which is wonderful news!! We've changed our diet a lot which has really helped him and I've benefited too. After just a week Glen noticed a big increase in his energy level
We carried on helping in the church all year with different things. Glen has also done alot of graphic design for friends which is awesome . It has really helped to build his portfolio and he was able to do it without getting too physically tired.

I landed a great job busking for the city ( council) and getting paid for it even without tips! Great fun!

I looked after many children, done lots of cleaning, had lots of coffees with friends here and there and cycled all over the place!! We have led evangelism training, worked in healing rooms, led a creative group (one session this year!) and prophesied over many people (love it!!) in prophetic presbytery ..a place where you can come and get a prophetic word after church should you want one.. I have helped someone write their autobiography, very exciting! I have also written my own children's book in this time which is currently on its second draught. Its been a time in which we were able to pursue personal goals as we had the time..our time was ours to organise. Last year in September we ran out of the money we had come with and felt to stay and live by faith!! It can be done! We paid our rent every month and had money for groceries , going out etc. so amazing . We have never lacked. God  pays well and treats His kids well.

We felt in the summer that a change was coming up and to our surprise after praying we felt it would be a return to the UK.l I had been wanting to visit for a long time, but this seemed to be more like a long term move back. I(Christa )was surprised and found it difficult in some ways. I was  just beginning to really make the shift to this being home..however God knows what He is doing as as it stands we are flying home in two weeks time! So everything had changed quite quickly for us. We are looking forward to the new things in store. 

We are so very grateful for the amazing privilege it has been to live in this beautiful country for two years. We feel very blessed. We will never forget  the kindness and love of our friends, the beautiful Fall colours, the dramatic blue white thick snow....the way the snowflakes actually look like stars when they fall..and the wonderful free feeling of being out of the "rat race". There have been great struggles and great blessings but as I look back all I can seem to remember is the good times.. I love how God does that.

This week I intend to cycle around Stratty one last time and photograph all those places I have loved to help us to remember them.

I have had two pieces of good advice that hit home...the first was 
" Holding onto yesterdays blessings robs you of today's".
The other was "When you go, go with all your heart."
 I have taken these in.


So its goodbye to Jubilee, to Stratford, and Canada for now anyway and to all the dear, dear people who have been part of our lives in different ways. We have felt so supported, so loved. We so appreciated the awesome goodbye you threw us last Sunday. We love you, you are a part of us forever. Looking forward to visiting again one day. 

No comments: