It snowed this week, just for about 30 minutes, but it was a reminder of what is to come.
Here are a few things we have been up to...
We celebrated a friends birthday, his name is Nathan and he is amazing. God really uses him in networking people together and he is so evangelistic. He is so loving and fun. I think I have heard that he used to baby sit for Justin Bieber. And speaking of Justin Bieber we saw an awesome video of him confessing his faith in Jesus, in an interview about his new book. Come on Jesus !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg0AjzGj57g&feature=related
We have been working in the healing rooms and have seen God do some amazing things. One of our friends had problems with their back, and God healed them.
We have been working in the prophetic presbytery on Sundays. Its a time when anyone can come after church to receive a prophetic word from a team of people. It has been amazing working on the team as I always think ' I have nothing to give ' but then God has so much to give and its amazing seeing God pour his love through you as you prophecy over people.
We have been enjoying the Harp and Bowl in the morning, Christa has been singing and I have been doing intercession, on a team of amazing musicians and lovers of Jesus. We follow the IHOP model of prayer and worship, if you want to find out what it looks like you can watch the prayer room live at this link.
http://ihop.org/Publisher/Article.aspx?ID=1000058181
We have taken responsibly for the ministry into nursing homes here in Stratford. . Last night was our first night. Christa compiled the worship songs and played the piano while some of the other interns lead the singing. Christa also did some singing, too. She was amazing. I preached a 5 minute sermon on having out hope in Jesus. (Glen was amazing! Christa) I prayed about the sermon and felt the Holy Spirit give me the content of it, the message included the gospel and we were so privileged to see someone give their life to Jesus. The interns help out with praying for people and just chatting to them. There is an amazing family who help out at the nursing home, a husband and his wife and their 4 boys. They have made friends with the people at the nursing home and they help by gathering everyone to the main hall where we have the meeting, and help with the song books, they are amazing, thank you Jesus for them.
We've been able to talk to our parents on Skype which has been amazing, thank you God for technology. I do love technology but not as much as I love Jesus.
On Saturday, I got to help the pastor out with his pool. In Canada you have to prepare things like pools and hot tubs for winter because it gets so cold here.
Christa spent some time with some of the girls on the internship program, hanging out and chatting.
That is all the news I can think of at the moment, I cant believe we have been here for 6 weeks, it feels like so much longer.
We hope everyone is well, and God bless you all.
Love Glen and Christa
ps more pics ......
Nato and Bailsey...famous in Stratford society! (Bailsey is an amazing percussionist)
Our lovely walk on Monday the 8th
In Tim Hortons again!















No comments:
Post a Comment